Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014: A Year in Review

Well, now that it's New Year's Eve, I suppose I should post the obligatory year in review.  For me, 2014 has been a really mixed bag of great things and awful things.  It's been a year in which I've regularly felt sad, scared, lonely, proud of myself, excited, and loved.  I know, what a mixed bag of emotions.  What can I say?

image


Some of the definite highlights of my year include:
  • My best friend's engagement, and going wedding dress shopping with her at Kleinfeld
  • Reconnecting with old friends and making a few great new ones
  • Visiting some girlfriends in DC and touring the Capital building
  • Going to some really fun and gorgeous weddings over the summer
  • Launching my company's new website
  • Traveling to French Polynesia with Jeremy
Yes, we really stayed there.


I've also dealt with a lot of challenges this year, and those have weighed on me heavily.  I'm going to focus on the positive right now, but I think not acknowledging that I've been dealing with challenges would be phony.  It's so easy to paint the picture of a perfect life on Facebook, Instagram, or a blog, but I'm not going to do that.  I'm going to keep it real and say that 2014 has been a bitch of a year in a lot of ways, and I'm glad it's over.  I'd also like to thank the people who have loved and supported me through it all, especially Jeremy whose love, kindness, and commitment has never wavered. 

In 2015, I'm looking forward to moving back to Boston and being close to so many people who are a support system for me.  I'm looking forward to being the Matron of Honor in my best friend's wedding.  I'm looking forward to paying off all of our debt (minus the new car payment).  I'm looking forward to driving said new car.  And I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds.

Until then, cheers to a happy, healthy, and safe New Year!

Xoxo,

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment