Monday, December 8, 2014

New Beginnings

Hi there!  I'm Cathy, and this is my blog.  To be brief, I'm a 20-something East Coast transplant into Chicago.  I love sarcasm, fashion & beauty, travel, novels, animals, and appreciating the small things in life.

You may know me from my former blog, Well Done Beauty, where I endlessly obsessed about all things beauty related.  I loved that blog.  We had a good run.  But over time, blogging felt like an enormous chore to me.  While I love makeup, and a good smokey eye still makes my heart go pitter patter, I absolutely hated having a "beauty blog."

Every time I wanted to talk about current events, recipes, travel, or goings on in my own personal life, it just felt so out of place to do so on a beauty blog.  And while I'm sure some readers really enjoyed hearing me drone on and on about eyeliner or the epicness that is Tom Ford lipstick, it just seemed inauthentic to me to only depict such a small portion of my life.

On this blog, I'll be sharing my unpopular opinions, recipes, personal goals (via the 101 in 1001 Challenge I've undertaken), beauty tips and tricks, travel moments, and whatever other random meanderings I deem appropriate.

Welcome.  I hope you enjoy the journey!

Xo-
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment