Saturday, January 10, 2015

How I Got Mascara for $0.49 and Other CVS Couponing Gems

Happy Saturday!

Since it's absolutely frigid in Chiberia Chicago, I'm having a pretty uneventful day.  Jeremy and I slept in, went to one of our favorite breakfast places for some indulgent pancakes, and went to CVS before heading home to watch the Patriots game.  (Meaning we're snuggled up under our favorite blanket, he's watching the game, and I'm blogging.)

So, now you're likely wondering why the CVS run, and whether I've gotten so old that the one of the highlights of my weekend involves a trip to the local pharmacy.  Well, sadly, it does, and here's why:  They were having some crazy good deals.  I had some crazy good coupons, and the marriage of the two resulted in me getting a lot of awesome household stuff for very little money.  I literally giggled on my way out, as it almost felt like stealing.

Just a few of the goodies I snagged at CVS today

So, let me tell you about some of the deals I got.  I'll start with the Ricola cough drops, which were originally $3.19 each.  CVS had them on sale today for 2/$3, making them $1.50 each.  I combined the sale with a $1 off of 2 manufacturer's coupon that I had, which made the cough drops $1 each.

Next, I got two large bottles of Tresemme Shampoo, which originally retailed for $4.99 each.  CVS had them on sale for 2/$8 (or $4 each.)  I had two manufacturers coupons for $2 off each bottle, making them $2 each.

Jeremy wanted some Balance bars, which are great snacks (or meal replacements) on the go.  Originally they were $1.87 each.  CVS had them on sale for Buy 1, Get 1 50% off, making them about $2.80 for two.  We had a manufacturer's coupon for $1 off two bars, so we ended up spending just 90 cents per bar.

Next, we got a super amazing, but sort of complicated, deal on Gummy Vitamins, Aleve, and One A Day Men's Vitamins.  Let me do them one at a time.  The Gummy Vitamins were originally $9.49 and were on sale for $7.  Then we got the Aleve at retail price for $10.99.  We had a manufacturer's coupon for $3 off of it, bringing its price down to $7.99.  There was a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off offer bundled with the Aleve and the OAD vitamins for Men.  So the OAD vitamins, which retailed for $7.99, were $3.99.  We had a $3 manufacturer's coupon for the OAD vitamins, lowering the price further to $0.99.

THEN we had a coupon for $10 off all three of those products (Gummy Vitamins, the Aleve, and the OAD vitamins.)    So at this point, we paid $7 for the gummy vitamins, $7.99 for the Aleve, and $0.99 for the OAD vitamins, which totaled $15.98.  The $10 off coupon made all three items $5.98.  And if that wasn't enough, we then had the purchase of all three items generate $6 worth of Extra Bucks, meaning we made two cents on the three items.  Not kidding.

Finally, let me tell you about my favorite deal of the day.  It was on some Maybelline LashSational mascara, which is the newest mascara in their line.  Originally, the mascara retailed for $7.99 each.  CVS had a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off Sale on Maybelline products.  I bought two mascaras, so one mascara was $7.99 and the other was $3.99.  Together they totaled $11.98.  I then had some manufacturer's coupons for $3 off each mascara.  This lowered the total to $5.98.  The sale generated an additional $5 in Extra Bucks, meaning the two mascaras cost me $0.98, or $0.49 each.

Needless to say, I am continuing to shamelessly hoard mascara in my vanity.  And I'm not sorry.  My purchases today reignited my love of couponing, and got me excited for all of the great deals still to come!

What have you saved crazy money on recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment